As a leader in eye care, Gillette Optometric Clinic -PC, is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care for our patients' health. We understand the importance of a healthy and safe environment for everyone; however, in order to continue to provide services we need your cooperation. We are asking our patients to follow CDC’s national health care guidelines. If you are feeling sick, have a fever over 99 degrees, chills, sweats, cough, sore throat, if you have recently traveled outside of the country in the last month, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, we ask that you stay home and reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Good hygiene is exceptionally important in our office and we will continue to hold our doctors and staff to the highest standard of frequent hand washing with soap and water along with using effective hand and surface disinfectants for any surfaces you will come into contact with during your visit in our office.
Gillette Optometric Clinic will remain open in the following weeks for our patients to the best of our ability, however, operations will be modified in order to protect individuals and slow down the spread of this aggressive virus. Protocols have been put in motion to protect our amazing family of patients. Here are some of the things we are actively doing in our office:
• If you or an immediate family member has been out of the country in the past 4 weeks, we would prefer that you schedule your appointment 4 weeks from now.
• If you or an immediate family member has been sick or has a respiratory condition, we would prefer to schedule your appointment 4 weeks from now.
• We are asking patients who are age 65 or older, and patients with pre-existing health conditions, to consider rescheduling annual appointments for after the CDC deems it safe to do so. We are offering a recall list for appointments in a timely manner once the CDC has controlled the spread of the virus.
• If you are unable to come into the office we are more than happy to mail your contact lens supply or eyewear directly to your doorstep!
• If you have an eye emergency, please call our office for your emergency eye health needs. Our staff and doctors will determine the best way to take care of you. Please avoid going to the ER and walk-in clinic for eye specific problems!
• When we call to confirm your routine appointment, we’ll offer you the option to keep the appointment, reschedule to a future appointment, or be placed on the recall list.
• We are asking patients to limit the amount of people entering the clinic. Please ask those who are not essential to your care to wait in the car to prevent exposure and minimize risk.
We encourage each member of our patient family to follow the following precautionary measures recommended in an effort to remain healthy and prevent the spread of any potential germs.
1) Practice "Social Distancing" of more than 3 feet whenever possible and certainly avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
2) Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday to yourself for timing). In the absence of hand washing use a minimum of 60% alcohol hand sanitizer.
3) Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
4) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth to prevent the spread of germs and you becoming infected.
5) Stay home when you have any symptoms or are sick. If urgent medical care is needed please call ahead to be screened for appropriate care.
6) Cover your cough with a tissue and immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
We want to reassure you we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation to protect our patients' health. We will also continue to update you as more pertinent information and guidelines are developed. In the meantime please call if you have any questions or concerns and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community at ease during these uncharted times.
Your best in health,
The Team at Gillette Optometric Clinic - PC